A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION?
If you have a condition
which necessitates continuing medication, you may be given a repeat prescription
slip. The slip should be delivered to the surgery with an indication of the drugs
required, at least two clear weekdays prior to the time that you would like to
collect your prescription, or your medication if you are a 'dispensing patient'.
can place an order for your repeat medication using the form below at any time
of the day or night. These messages are picked up daily at all our sites, Monday
to Friday and the prescription or, if you are entitled, the medication will be
dispensed ready for collection from your usual surgery. Please allow two to three
working days before calling to collect.
Please take note of any message on your repeat slip. At certain
times it will be necessary for you to see the practice nurse or, in some
cases, the doctor for a review of your medication. The repeat slip is also used
as a small 'notice board' to give useful information or reminders.
The surgeries at Brighstone and Godshill carry some
of the more popular over-the-counter medicines which you may purchase without
the need for a prescription. If there are any products that you purchase regularly
and would like us to carry, please talk to the dispensary staff and we will do
our best to accommodate your needs.
DISPENSING QUALITY COMMITMENTS
As a dispensing practice, we hereby reaffirm our belief that dispensing brings enormous benefits to our patients and provides an integral part in achieving our high standards of care:
1. To provide a high quality, comprehensive, efficient dispensing service that is
sensitive to patients' needs.
2. To ensure that all dispensary staff receive suitable training.
3. To build in adequate checking mechanisms during dispensary procedures to
ensure that medicines are dispensed accurately and safely.
4. To ensure that dispensary staff have easy access to a GP staff member at all
times during the working day.
5. To provide high quality equipment in the dispensary which is adequate and
suitable for all processes involved in dispensing.
6. To ensure that cleanliness and hygiene is observed throughout the dispensary
during all dispensing procedures.
7. To comply with all laws and regulations applicable to dispensing practice.
8. To ensure that confidentiality is maintained with respect to all patient records whether on manual or computerised systems.
9. To respect the need for patient privacy during all dispensing procedures.
10. To ensure patients are provided with appropriate information and advice concerning their medications.
11. By adopting a practice formulary and by constantly reviewing it, to continue to
provide the highest standard of care.
Repeat Prescription Order Form
Those patients who have regular repeat prescriptions are eligible to use this service.
(Please remember to calculate the collection time of 48 hours from the next working day, Monday to Friday, following your request.)